Thursday, March 31, 2016

Winter Centers

Spring is here! Over the winter, I took some pictures of my winter centers so I wouldn't forget and thought I would share them! I have a modified reading center and then my two switch activation centers.

Here is the green table with two switch activation stations for students. You can see them closer below

I get creative with the switch stations using decorations from home and a powerselect to turn them into switch toys, or you could use battery interrupters if you have a toy with battery that will always stay on.
On the left, I created the color changing light board with behind the TV lights from IKEA. They automatically fade, change or you can pre-select a color. In the middle I have a winter sensory bag with blue liquid and white snowflakes. I added garland and a bubble switch toy to make it seem like a wintery scene.
On the right, I have used a magnetic ice skating scene toy that I found at a garage sale. When they hit the switch different songs play and the people skate around. Also, there are star lights I also attached to light up.

My co-teacher also has a switch center and she decorates mini trees that will light up and play music.

Here is another set up with the IKEA light board and big bows. There is also music and a fan with this two switch set up.
Here is my co-teachers fabulous light board, colored lights with colored saran wrap make a sparkly visual scene. You can see there is also music peeking out behind the board.

Here is another set up I did using a mini light box, fake snow, snowflakes, snowmen and dangly shiny ornaments. 

Here is my more academic reading center for my instructional assistants when I am not at the reading table. I go M, W and F and they work there T and R and do the same schedule each time. It is easy to prep and the kids and IA know what to expect. First, they sign in, card deck, interactive journal, trace it.write it.say it, weekly workbook and daily 5 choice.



The sign in sheets are made precisely for their names, first they stamp, then they trace, then they write. They are doing so well they don't stamp and just write in each of the boxes.

The card deck is the same as my OG card deck but they get to color their own on card stock, go through it, then at the end of the year take it home! A way for them to still be doing OG procedure even though I am not there.

The interactive journals are a combination of things I found on TPT but one of them is rainbow writing the new letter so I have organized the center so everything is right there!

For the trace it, write it, say it we have multiple formats for them to practice a new letter. We have printed some OG cards and added hot glue over it to give it a multi sensory approach, we have the large OG tracing page, we have a play doh page that also has the uppercase, then dry erase, chalk and gel pad to write it. 

The weekly workbook is a combination of my favorite worksheets-Handwriting without tears, OG, etc. that I make each week and the Daily 5 choice is another chart listed with directions on how to complete whichever task they pick.

Hope you enjoyed some winter centers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment