Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday Garden

Here is another project I completed from my shopping spree today (see post).
I have a birthday poster but last year I found myself forgetting birthdays or not doing anything particularly fun for birthdays unless I remembered them. I wanted to make birthdays fun and with my new name "Mrs. Flowers" I thought what a better way to celebrate birthdays than to make a birthday garden to go near my birthday poster!
I purchased a pail from the dollar section at Target and added some letter stickers I had in my sticker box to spell out "Birthday Garden" (try to ignore the fact that the E of gardEn is actually an & symbol-I ran out of E's! I hate that problem with letter stickers!!)
I then used the new 10 pack of unisex star pencils from the dollar section at Target, the fake flowers purchased from Walmart, and my leftover teal duct tape to create....flowers for the birthday garden! (Use a wire cutter and not scissors to cut the flowers off their stems, then just attach with duct tape...make sure the sharp edges are covered)

Now, when it is your birthday, step right up and pick a flower from the garden to keep. At the end of the year the garden will be empty but everyone will have a piece of the garden to keep at home! I think I am also going to give my students a book for their birthday as well, I am going to wrap all of them up so it is a surprise, the Dollar Tree had a lot of nice books I saw today)

Happy Birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment