Saturday, July 21, 2012

Felt Stories

I love felt boards and I only used one during student teaching. I decided that I missed it and wanted one for next year! I went to Lakeshore's back to school sale and purchased this felt board (not in the sale but I used my coupon I got in the mail to get 20% off)
Now this one is kind of small, but I think it's a good size. You won't be able to put a ton of pieces on there- you'll have to tell the story part by part but you can lean it up against an easel or it has its own feet on the back to stand up (which it is doing in this picture on the floor).
Then, I went over to the bulletin board packages aisle and bought the Eric Carle Very Hungry Caterpillar set. It's a pretty big set and this was included in the 20% off sale. The images were perforated so I took them all out and laminated them (I cut some of them too-for example, all the fruit he eats are on one image like 3 plums together, I cut them all out separately and laminated them separately). I used my hot glue gun to attach the laminated images onto felt sheets and then cut those out so they would stick to the felt board. I love my new story! I know you can purchase these sets, but it was fun and easy to make and I like to think I saved some $.


Laminated

Attached to felt sheets

And Jazzy approves!



1 comment:

  1. You have your own extraordinary stand-out ascension assessments appeared on a diminish organize as that of perusers from around the globe. Master finishes and talk can correspondingly be seen on different bits of international news. You can analyze for after writers and pros from around the globe at whatever point the getting sorted out is flawless. https://mediosindependientes.org/

    ReplyDelete