Monday, July 9, 2012

Teacher Tool Box

This is also another post about something I found online and attempted to make...a teacher tool box! I headed over to Lowe's and bought a hardware supply container for $20. I hated that it was navy blue but that was the only color they had and I am an on the spot shopper so I didn't want to go looking around at other stores because I was too excited to start this project.
So I filled it with numerous supplies. I started with the top part being student-centered tools and the bottom part being my tools. Then the big drawers in the bottom were saved for bigger things. 

The things I have in there are: eraser caps, pencil grips, erasers, sharpeners, jumbo rubber bands, rubber bands, safety pins, brads, writable tabs, push pins, binder clips, rings, paper clips, colored paper clips, big paper clips, jumbo paper clips, post its, dot stickers, labels, staples, index cards and wite-out.

One complaint-the big drawers were not deep enough to hold pencils and pens :-( that made me really sad to find out-oh well, I will keep them in cups on my desk like I did last year.

So..here is the finished product! There are still empty drawers and some labeling to do-


As you can see- I took the navy blue and made it cute...the silver stickers don't show up well on the camera but you can read them in person. I used my label maker for the small drawers to keep it neat and consistent, but I hated when they were uneven and it may still drive me nuts...it's hard to do!

This will make my desk so much neater and organized, instead of having all those little things clumped together in a drawer. I don't have a big desk next year either so I wanted to make sure that I did this! Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment